Seven Premier League clubs chase Portuguese sensation !!!

Newcastle, Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City and Portsmouth all sent scouts to watch Portuguese sensation Joao Moutinho in his sides 2-2 draw against Roma last night. Moutinho has attracted interested from all of these sides after a string of impressive performances for both Sporting Lisbon and the Portuguese national team.

He is the youngest ever captain of Sporting Lisbon at just 21 years and he has even been dubbed the new Rui Costa, high praise for such a young player. He is an attacking midfielder with bags of pace. Although he has only scored 11 goals in 110 goals in his career he makes up for the lack of goals with bags of assists.

Moutinho said after the game:"I do not know which clubs were here, I do not know of the interest of anyone, but I have to continue to do my work. "If clubs are interested, then that's good, but it only gives me more motivation to work and achieve better results."

I would love to see Moutinho join the Premier League because what I have seen and heard he is obviously a good player. I'm not sure how much he would cost if he were to leave Lisbon but I reckon it would be for around about the amount the Man United paid for former Sporting team mate Nani (£17 million).

 

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said,

    Should there be a Salary Cap in Football?
    Personally I think there should be! It’s just getting to be stupid money in football at the top of the premiership!
    It’s always the same teams at the top proving that football success is based purely on money which ruins the idea of it being a sport! They’ve done it in rugby, basketball, hockey and American football and it makes the sports more competitive and better to watch!
    I like to Bet on Football from time to time and most matches don’t hold much surprise who is going to win, its boring! Football Betting would be so much better if you saw a team at the bottom pulling off an amazing season and beating last season winners in a close fought battle for the title!
    Make things fair! It shouldn’t be about money!

    on 11:16 a.m.