City flop set for exit !!!

Manchester City striker Georgios Samaras has admitted today that if Lazio were to make a bid for him in the January transfer window, he would jump at it. The player who joined City two seasons ago for a fee of £6 million has failed to produce a run of consistent games at the City of Manchester Stadium and with the possible arrival of a new striker at the club in January it is likely his first opportunities will be more scarce than normal.

The Greece international was signed by former City boss Stuart Pearce from Dutch side Herenveen. City boss Sven Goran Eriksson has given Samaras a couple of games to prove himself but he has failed to produce anything in those rare starts. Yesterday Lazio expressed an interest in the striker and he admits it would be too good to turn down.

"I don't know if they (Lazio) have made an offer to Manchester City," Samaras told Corriere dello Sport. "I can say that I feel good in England. But I must be honest, should Lazio show an interest towards me, I'd be really happy. "They are a side with a big name. I know they play in UEFA Champions League and should they if they beat Olympiakos they will go to the last sixteen. I would be proud to play for one of the greatest European sides."

He added: "At Man City I feel myself part of the team and I always hope to play. The coach told me that I'll have my chance, but that I must wait my moment. "But he also said that should I want to leave, he wouldn't put obstacles in my way."

I personally would love to see the back of Samaras at City. As a City fan myself, I have to say he has been pure muck. He has scored 11 goals in 58 games for the club and that's just not good enough for a player that cost City £6 million. I would be surprised if City manage to get half that amount out of him now. Goodbye and good luck Samaras.

 

0 comments: