Sven to spend more of Thaksins millions on star Striker !!!

Sven Goran Eriksson is ready to use more of Manchester City owner Thaksin Shinawatra'a millions in the January transfer window, with a striker his main priority. Today he has been linked with both Newcastle striker Michael Owen and Bolton goal machine, formerly of City, Nicolas Anelka. So who would be a better buy for Sven?

Well there is no doubt that on their days both strikers have the capabilities of being one of the best strikers in Europe, but overall who is better? Well Michael is smaller than Anelka but in my view has a better temperament to the game. Anelka has a sulkiness about him whilst playing in matches, something that was very evident during the end of his days at City.

It is clear for all to see that Owen is far more injury prone and that maybe a concern for Sven. I have heard that he may be able to buy Owen for 6 million pounds which I feel is steal for an proven goalscorer at the highest level. I have heard figures of 10 million for Anelka which I feel is maybe not as good value for money as Owen.

Anelka said recently that he still wants to move to a bigger club, but are City big enough for him. Well they have got off to a flyer this season and are looking like a side that can possibly break into the top 4 in years to come but would Anelka be interested in a move in the present time? My guess is yes because if he were to move to City he would be working with a top manager in Sven Goran Eriksson but at Bolton at the moment he is playing under, in my view an average manager in Sammy Lee.

So would Owen be interested in a move to Eastlands? Well he has worked under Sven whilst he was England manager and if I remember correctly they had a good relationship so that might sway him towards City. I have no doubt that Sven will sign a new striker in January because I feel they are a little light in that department, but will it be Owen or Anelka?

 

0 comments: