City linked with want-away Celtic striker !!!

Noriwch City are apparently lining up a January transfer window move for out of favour Celtic striker Derek Riordan. Riordan has today said that he wants to leave the Glasgow side in January due to the lack of first team football. The player has had limited first team chances at Celtic Park since joining the club from Hibernian two years ago.

"I would rather go away and just concentrate on another club now," he said. "I don't want to go out on loan because then I'd come back and not play again. "I would rather get my head down somewhere else and get my career going again." Riordan was a terrific player at Hibernian and it has been a real shame to not of witnessed his ability at Celtic.

New Norwich boss Glen Roder is apparently lining up a £1 million bid and in my view that is a good price for a player that easily get Norwich 20 goals a season. I really hope Riordan moves because I think he will be a great asset to the Championship and I think he will be the man to fill the void that Rob Earnshaw has left at Norwich when he left to go to Derby in the summer.

 

0 comments: