Chelsea star set for exit ?!?!?!

England and Chelsea winger Shaun Wright Phillips is set for a January move to former club Manchester City. The player was said to of been unhappy at been dropped for the Champions League game against Schalke 04 on Wednesday and he said that he was considering his future. The player who left City two seasons ago for a 21 million pounds fee has struggled to gain a first team place since the move.

Although in recent games he has been starting for both Chelsea and England it appears as though now he is finally willing to call it a day. City boss Sven Goran Eriksson said today "I'd personally open the gates for him tomorrow if he wishes to return here," he told The Sun. "I won't pay his salary personally but I'll certainly open the gate. "Shaun has pace, good technique and is very direct. He's a good player, one I admire."

I feel this would be a terrific move for both Wright Phillips and Man City because City have been lacking an out and out right winger this season and I'm sure the player would love to play week in week out. Wright Phillips obviously has a lot of ability and it is has been a real shame to not see him produce the kind of form he did at City, at Chelsea. I believe the fee would be around about 15 million pounds or so.

 

0 comments: