Shevchenko left baffled by Chelsea snub

Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko says he is unsure why Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho isn't playing him. The Ukrainian striker went under the knife at the back end of last season to fix a hernia problem but Chelsea say he is still recovering from the injury and that is the reason why he isn't playing. Now, that statement may of looked true if it weren't for the fact that Shevchenko scored in a recent charity match in Ukraine this week.

"I don't know why Mourinho isn't playing me - I don't understand it," said the Ukrainian.
"But I'm not worried. I will just wait for my chance to come." The player, who cost Chelsea 3o million pounds, had, all in all, a largely disappointing season last year scoring just 14 goals in 51 matches, with the majority of those coming against lower league sides.

He has also been linked with a move back to his former club AC Milan but they were unwilling to pay the sort of money Chelsea wanted. Another former club, Dynamo Kiev, are also said to be interested in the player with a loan move their preferred option.

In my view Chelsea should just come out to the press and tell the truth, that the fact they aren't playing him isn't down to an injury, but the fact that he isn't good enough. The player has failed horribly since joining the Londoners and I'm not surprised that Jose isn't picking him in his team because there is no way that Shevchenko deserves to get in ahead of the likes of Malouda, Drogba etc,.

 

0 comments: