Not England, Not Portugal, but were to next for Mourinho?

Jose Mourinho has tonight confirmed that his next step in managment will not be in England or Portugal. He said " I would like to come back to England in future, but my next step will not be here". Asked wheter or not he would be interested in taking the Portugal job after current boss Phill Scolari he said " I am not interested in the Portuguese national job and I am not interested in managing in Portugal". Bookmakers had made Mourinho 1/2 favourite for the Portugal job to be his next but this statement has ended that speculation but it has increased rumours that he may be on his way to Spain.

In his first television interview since his departure from Chelsea on Wednesday he said " I would like to go and learn a new language, maybe Italian or German... My English is fine, my Spanish is fine and my French is fine". I don't know about you but, I am starting to like Mourinho post Chelsea because during his time at the Londoners I never really warmed to his arrogance.

This interview has fuelled speculation that Mourinho may be on his way to Spanish side Barcelona because he used to work with the club as an interpreter for Bobby Robson and I also feel the current Barca boss Frank Rijkaard has failed to get the very best out of players like Eto'o, Messi and Ronaldinho (who has come in for some recent criticism). Although the Dutchman has won the La Liga with the club and the Champions League they failed to live up to expectations last season and I feel he may be sent packing by the Barca board. I would love to see how Mourinho would do if he had the opportunity to manage the Spanish giants.

 

0 comments: