Hiddink not interested in Chelsea job

Guus Hiddink has ruled himself out of the running to become the manager at Chelsea after he was linked with the post following Mourinho's departure on Wednesday night. A number of high profiled managers were linked to take over from Mourinho at the Blues but Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich employed former Israel coach Avram Grant almost straight after the shock departure Mourinho. Many people still think the appointment of Avram Grant won't last long and that Mr. Abramovich will be forced to go out and a employ at top manager, but Hiddink insists it won't be him.

Hiddink has said that he is completely committed to managing Russia through the Euro 2008 qualifying group and on into the tournament next summer, although he did admit that he had talked with Abramovich after the recent Euro qualifier between England and Russia in Wembley. "Roman Abramovich and I met again around the England match, we had good talks and discussions," Hiddink told the Mail on Sunday.

"I always get on well with Roman, but I am not going to give away all the details from that meeting. "The Chelsea situation is something I won't touch right now. I am concentrating on the Russian national team. "We have to qualify and I know Roman finds that very important too at this time." I personally would of loved to see how Hiddink would of managed in the Premier League.

I hope in the future another top team in the Premier League becomes available and he decides to manage their because I really admire his style of management. I think the hasty appointment by Chelsea on Thursday was ridiculous and I feel that they maybe should of waited a week or so and let the dust settle of the Mourinho departure and then assess the situation because now they have appointed Grant, I'm not sure they can be serious about winning the title this season.

 

0 comments: