Cole moves South


Andy Cole has today signed for in form Premiership side Portsmouth for a fee that is believed to be about half a million pounds. Portsmouth have signed the player from Manchester City and the player has signed a two year contract for the South Coast club. He is the second player to make this same move in the last few weeks after for City keeper David James also moved to Pompey.

"It's an opportunity for me to play for another two years and I hope to do my best for Portsmouth football club, score a few goals and get the club into the top ten which is what they're aiming to do this season," Cole told his new club's website. Cole says that he is looking forward to joining up with former team mates at Fratton Park.

"I know Jamo (David James), I know Sol (Campbell) and I've played with David Thompson as well which is always important when you come to a new club because you can fit in straight away. "I know the club are trying to push forward, buying players and trying to start something new and I want to be a part of that."

 

0 comments: