Pires To Spain?


Robert Pires has reportadly been offered a two year contract offer by Spanish Champions League semi-finalists Villarreal who incidently against Pires' current side Arsenal in the tie. The Frenchman is looking for a two-year deal from The Gunners to continue in North London but has so far been frustrated with boss Arsene Wenger sticking to his policy of offering his over-30s one-year extensions.

Reports in Spain have suggested for some time that Villarreal have all but secured Pires for next season and the 32-year-old has now admitted he has an offer on the table. However, the Frenchman insists he will not open talks with the Spanish outfit before their Champions League semi-final has been decided with the North Londoners assuming a 1-0 first-leg lead on Wednesday night.

"Villarreal want me for the next two seasons," Pires told AS. "The most important thing at the moment is for me to help Arsenal get into the final. After that if I have to talk to the people from Villarreal I will. "They are a great team and I like Spain and the Spanish league." Pires has been at Arsenal for six seasons having joined from Marseille in 2000.

I believe that this would be a good move for Pires because he has certainly not been playing as much games as he would like so far this season. I think he is under-performing when he has got the chance at Arsenal this season. I don't believe Arsenal really need him any more and he has been a good servant to the club that they should let him go to Spain.

 

0 comments: