Harry returns to Pompey

Harry Redknapp has returned to the hot seat at Portsmouth after he walked out on the South Coast club only 11 months ago, and he went to bitter rivals Southampton. In the season Harry was at Southampton they were relagated. The 58-year-old said: "It took me less than a minute to sign the contract, it didn't even have any figures on it. "The key to coming back was that Milan [Mandaric] wanted me and was big enough to say 'Harry, I want you back'."


Harry and Milan back together again

Redknapp's return to Fratton Park signals the end of one of football's biggest soap operas. The former West Ham manager is now back after chairmen Mandaric and Southampton couterpart Rupert Lowe agreed an undisclosed compensation package. Redknapp takes charge of a Portsmouth team in the Premiership's bottom three and has agreed a contract until the end of the season. "If we stay up we'll sit down and talk about it. It's not a money situation or a long contract, I just wanted to come back," he said.

I couldn't really see anyone else becoming the new Pompey boss after Harry left Pompey last week. I believe Pompey fans will be happy because since he left they have really really struggled and Harry said today in the press conference that he will keep Pompey up and I think he will be able to do just that. I have to be honest, although I am not a Pompey fan I am very happy because I think Harry is made for that club and the fans adore him (well the definetly used to adore him).

 

0 comments: