Jestrovic banned due to racial abuse

Anderlecht midfielder come striker Nenad Jestrovic has been banned for three European games by Uefa after he was found guilty of racism during last week's game with Liverpool. Uefa found Jestrovic, 29, guilty of a "racially-motivated insult" directed to Liverpool midfielder Mohamed Sissoko in Liverpool's 3-0 victory at Anfield. He said: "I accept the decision but I was on a losing ticket as the referee's report said one thing, I said another." Jestrovic will now miss the last two group games and another European tie. He added: "I am not a racist but unfortunately I don't matter and the referee does." He said last week: "I don't understand why the referee sent me off. Sissoko didn't hear it and he looked surprised when I was sent off.


"I participate in all the anti-racism events we have at Anderlecht and it's difficult for me to think that everyone thinks I'm a racist, especially because I want to play in England one day. "I like everyone and it's not important to me what colour people are." Referee Kim Milton Nielsen cited racial abuse for his decision to send off Jestrovic after the heated 75th-minute argument.

Jestrovic has rightly been banned and I hope this is an end to racisicm in the game because it's just sick. I saw the incident last week and you could clearly see he said something very nasty. I feel sorry for Sissoko but thankfully it has all been sorted out.

 

0 comments: