Dudek ponders over Anfield exit

Liverpool's Champions League hero could be on his way out of Anfield. Polish goal keeper Jerzy Dudek says he will look for a new club in January due to the lack of firts team oppurtunities this season. He has lost his place to Spanish keeper Jose Reina after the former Villareal man made a big money move to Anfield this summer. The Polish international, 32, said: "I need to play ahead of the World Cup as to miss out would be disastrous. "I need to speak to Rafa Benitez about my future and maybe look for something in the January window. "It all depends on him. If he gives me a chance I will take it. I have a lot of desire to fight for my place."


Dudek has recovered from the arm injury he sustained in the summer and said: "Now I am fit I will do everything to get my place back. "It is very frustrating when you can't play in front of the Kop having won the Champions League but I have been concentrating so far on getting fit and then fighting for my place. "It is difficult ahead of the World Cup if you are not playing and especially in my position. "The national coach has told me that if I do not play for Liverpool then it will be tough for me to play for the national team."

I would think this is sad news for all Liverpool fans because Dudek has served the club well ever since he joined them. The heroics he pulled off in Istanbul last season was phenominal and I would say alot of the Scousers will never forget about that performance. I think that Dudek is right to maybe leave Anfield because he needs first team football in a World Cup season. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up!

 

0 comments: