Chim pens new Latics deal

Wigan defender Pascal Chimbonda has signed a new four year deal at the club. The French man has really impressed since signing in the summer from Bastia for a feee of onl £500,000. his fine form has certainly not gone unoticed with Wigan boss Paul Jewell offering him a new four year deal already and which he duely accepted. "I'm surprised how well it's gone so far, but when you are offered new terms so soon it means people have confidence in you," he told the club website. "Despite what anyone may have said, I never had any thought of leaving."


Pascal has handed Wigan six points in the last few weeks by scoring two match winning goals.Chimbonda said although he was thrilled by this, he was not surprised. "I saw what good players we had here, how hard everyone works, and how much everyone respects the manager," he said. "I'm happy I've found a club where the general mentality of the players and the manager suits my own."

I believe that this is a good deal for both club and player because Chimbonda has helped the club be were they are right no which is second in the Barclays Premiership table. Although Wigan have got of to a flying start their manager Paul Jewell has still stated that staying up is their main goal but I believe that they might just stay in the top half of the table.

 

0 comments: