Pires: Neville tried to hurt me

Arsenal midfielder Robert Pires has accused Everton's Phill Neville of deliberately attempting to hurt him during his side's win on Monday. Pires was forced off with a thigh injury soon after a tussle with Neville in the first half of Arsenal's 2-0 victory at Highbury. Neville escaped punishment for the tackle by referee Alan Wiley, but Pires believes the former Manchester United man intended to injure him. "I tackled to get the ball," Pires told London's Evening Standard. "He didn't. "He made the tackle to catch me and he did. I tried to play on but the pain was too bad." Pires is a major doubt for this weekend's clash with West Ham as a result of the injury.


I personally don't believe Neville went in intentially to hurt Pires, I just think Pires was a bit of a wimp in the tackle. Neville was bood even before the challenge because of his former Manchetser United links, who as you know are one of Arsenal's main rivals, and he was bood even more after the takcle with Pires.

 

0 comments: