Brad glad to sign new deal

Blackburn Rovers keeper Brad Friedel has signed a new contract at Ewood Park that will keep him their until 2008. The American goalkeeper has established himself as one of the best keepers in the Premiership since he joined Rovers. Freidel did have one year left on his old contract but he has decided to extend his stay at Ewood Park.


The new contract will take Friedel up to the age of 37 and it could see the former Liverpool and Galatasaray man end his career at the Lancashire outfit. Friedel was delighted to pledge his long-term future to the club. "We've been speaking since March and I'm delighted," said Friedel. "I really feel the staff we have now are ambitious and they want to take the club forward."

Friedel is a great goalkeeper and he has been a great player at Blackburn. I'm glad he has extended his stay because I think he is a player that belongs to Rovers. I know he is thirty five but he can still go on until he is forty.

 

0 comments: