Nuno set for Toffees

Everton are set to sign Porto left back Nuno Valente for a fee of £1million subject to a medical. The Portugal international leaves Porto after they asked him to not play for his nation in order to concentrate on his club football. The 30 year old Portugese player has been said to have signed a one or two year contract with Everton. The player has revealed that an agreement is in place on both his price and his contract at Everton, and that he will travel to England to complete a medical.


Valente in action for Porto


"I leave a little disillusioned with many people, but I will talk about that later," Valente told 'O Jogo'. "This is a moment of great sadness for me after everything have done with Porto. "The club had its reasons and I respect them but I have mine as well and I have my opinion on that."I want to thank the fans or the way they have treated me and I will continue to support them."The 30-year-old's first trip to Everton will be brief as he will soon join up with the Portugal squad for their World Cup qualifiers against Russia and Luxembourg.Both Bolton and Spurs were also believed to be interested in the defender, but it appears that it is David Moyes who has got his man.

Nuno Valente is a good defender and £1million seems like a very good price for Everton. Over the last couple of years he has been strongly linked with a move to the Premiership but nothing happened but now it looks as though he will join Premiership side Everton. David Moyes will be looking to bring in a few more fresh face's before the close of the transfer window but at least now he has Valente.

 

0 comments: