Mido to appeal against red card

Tottenham striker Mido is set appeal against his red card that he picked up in Saturday's Premiership against Chelsea. Referee Rob Styles issued the card after Mido appeared to elbow Chelsea defender Asier del Horno. "The decision to send me off was very unfair, as I was only protecting myself and not elbowing the player," said Mido on his official website.



"The referee was about 25 metres away and instead of asking the linesman he was quick to show me the red card." The 22-year-old, who is on loan from Italian club Roma, faces a three-match ban.

Mido added: "It was a normal collision, I went for the ball and even a yellow card is too much. "I hope that the Football Association cancels my suspension so that I could participate against Liverpool. We have appealed and I am still waiting for their decision."

I think this red card will be changed to a yellow because it wasn't as if he went for the player. Many players have had there red cards overturned and I think Mido's chance's of his card to be over turned are good. I have heard that Spurs are set to make a bid to sign Chelsea striker Carlton Cole and I don't think Mido will be happy about that.

 

0 comments: