Baggies seal Duke deal

West Brom have today completed the signing of Wigan striker Nathan Ellington for a fee of £3million. The 24-year-old striker, who passed a medical on Friday, has penned a four-year contract with The Baggies. Ellington was one of the main reasons why Wigan were promoted to the Premiership, netting an impressive 59 goals in 134 league games during his time with them but he was said to be unhappy at the club. Bryan Robson now has a whole lot of strikers at his disposal with Ellington joining the likes of Robert Earnshaw, Diomansy Kamara, Geoff Horsfield, Kevin Campbell and Kanu.



I beleive Ellington was superb for Wigan last year in the Championship but wheter or not he can score as many goals in the Premiership I do not no. I personally beleive he is a good signing at £3million for West Brom and I think he can do just as good as Andy Johnson did last year in the Premiership. I think it will boost West Brom's chances of staying up and it will be a massive blow for Wigan's chances.

 

2 comments:

  1. Dom said,

    Suprised he's gone to West Brom - surely he could of done a job for one of the bigger Premiership teams.
    This looks like it might just upset my prediction of the Baggies going down!

    Like your blog - have linked it up over @ Mist Rolling In.

    on 7:11 p.m.  


  2. Cheers! I linked you back.

    on 9:22 p.m.