Vassell set for City

Aston Villa striker Darius Vassell is in talks with Manchester City after the two clubs agreed a fee in the region of £2-3million for the english striker. Darius only scored three goals for Villa last season in an injury hit year. Man City fresh from a cash injection of £20million have already brought in a striker in the shape of Andy Cole, but he wants Vassell to provide extra competition. David O'Leary was quoted as saying "He had a year left on his contract, we've been offered good money by Manchester City, so it suits everybody all round as it stands.



I think Vassell is a decent striker but I do think that over the past two seasons' he hasn't performed to his best. I think that the fee in the region of £2-3million is pretty good value for a 25 year old with bags of talent. If Vassell hits any form for City I think that he could be a great addition to the City's squad. Villa will probablly use the funds they receive to maybe buy Milan Baros from Liverpool.

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by.

    Email me know if you want to trade links.

    football.commentator at gmail.com

    on 4:43 p.m.  


  2. I noticed you did, I added one as well.

    on 4:46 p.m.