Larsson to go back home

Barcelona striker Henrik Larsson has agreed to leave Barca at the end of the season to go back home to his hometown club of Helsingborg. The 34-year-old said in January that he would leave the Spanish champions at the end of the season and he has signed an 18-month deal with Helsingborg. Larsson told Swedish TV Channel SVT: "I am a Helsingborg man from the beginning and, for me, there was no alternative."

The striker joined Barcelona from Celtic in 2004 but missed most of last season with a knee injury. Larsson also came out of international retirement in order to help his country qualify for this year's World Cup finals.

I think that this is the best thing for Larsson because I'm sure he thaught at the start of his carrer that he would love to finish back home in Sweden. He has had a torrid time at Barcelona with injuries but in fairness to him he has never given up. I hope he has a great last few years to his carrer.

 

0 comments: