Smith is a wanted man


Manchester United striker Alan Smith has been attracting a lot of interest from clubs in the Premiership according to United manager Sir Alex Ferguson. The 26 year old is said to be unhappy with first team opportunities at United and is keen on a move away from Old Trafford. Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Everton are all said to be keen on the former Leeds United striker but Alex Ferguson insists that a deal is not imminent.


Ferguson said: "There have been a few enquiries and we know Alan wants first-team football but nothing has been decided." Everton's interest is dependent upon them offloading James Beattie. Boro chief executive Keith Lamb says they are to step up their interest in the former Leeds player. Earlier, United said they had not received any "firm offers", but Lamb insisted: "Our position hasn't changed.

With the probable arrival Carlos Tevez at Old Trafford in the next few weeks, this is definitely the time for Smith to move on to have any chance of reviving his England ambitions. I believe that a move to Everton would suit him most because he would be working under one of the best managers in Britain, in David Moyes and also the fact that Everton are a side going places and whom I fully expect to qualify for the UEFA Cup next season.

0 comments  

Beckham Off To LA


David Beckham has agreed to sign for MLS side LA Galaxy after failing to agree a new two year contract extension with his current employers Real Madrid. The 32 year old has signed a five year contract with LA Galaxy believed to be worth $250million ( yes that isn't a miss print $250million). The former England captain will join up with Galaxy in August after his current contract at Real expires.

Beckham, who moved to Real three and a half years ago will be making a staggering $1million a week. Beckham said: "This week Real asked me to make a decision regarding their offer to extend my contract. "After considering several options to stay in Madrid or join other major British and European teams, I have decided to join LA Galaxy."

To be perfectly honest I believe that his Missus probably had a lot to do with the move. I also believe that the move will dramatically improve attendances in MLS games in the short term but the interest in the sport in America will fade away within three years. The money that he will be earning is completely outrageous and the current players at LA Galaxy will feel slightly intimidated by Beckham coming in and earning $100 a minute.

3 comments  

Transfer Update

Here are a list of some of the latest transfer rumours going around the Premiership:

Liverpool could be set to sign West Ham flop Javier Mascherano for an undisclosed fee.

Bayern Mynich have put a 2o million pound price tag an England midfielder Owen Hargreaves.

Manchester United could be set to make a six million pound swoop for England under 21 defender Leighton Baines.

Birmingham defender could be on his way to Newcastle for a fee of six million pounds.

Barry Ferguson could be set for a 5 million pound move to either Newcastle or Blackburn.

If you have any rumours please just leave a comment!

0 comments  

McCulloch Hit With Three Game Ban


Wigan midfielder, Lee McCulloch has been banned for three games by the FA today after he admitted a charge of violence. The incident occured during Wigan's home encounter with Sheffield United on Saturday. TV camera's caught McCulloch punching United's captain Chris Morgan after the ball had been swung in for a corner.

The incident was not seen by the referee, Peter Walton, at the time. McCulloch apoligised later on to Morgan but the FA have decided to ban McCulloch for the next three games. The news will come as a blow to Wigan as the player has been a permanent fixture in the side and Wigan face some tricky ties during the Christmas period including matches against the Premiership's top two clubs, Man United and Chelsea.

Morgan who suffered a black has already said that he has accepted McCulloch's apoligy . "Lee was man enough to come and knock on the door, put his arm round me and apologise," said the United skipper. "That's enough for me. That's it. It's finished. Let's get on with it. "We're all sportsmen. We're going to get knocks and black eyes. It is part and parcel of the game."

0 comments